With Super Bowl XLVIII set to kick off this weekend, sports fans across the country are gearing up for the second biggest eating holiday behind Thanksgiving, according to the USDA.
Surprisingly, vegetables top the list of most common foods eaten at home during the Super Bowl. That’s a lot of celery sticks to go with the 100 million pounds of chicken wings consumed!
Along with boasting the year’s highest quantity of chicken wings, here are a few more fun facts about super-sized eating on Super Bowl Sunday:
- 32% of people say they plan on eating some type of snack during the game
- 11.2 million pounds of chips will be crunched, in the form of 4 million pounds of fat, nationally
- 48 million Americans will pick up the phone to order take-out or delivery
- 1200 calories and 50 grams of fat will be chomped by the average fan
- 62.5% of game viewers will grill their halftime treats
In honor of the unofficial day of dipping, grilling and snacking, our R&D team has created a new signature seasoning – Creole & Green Onion.
We’ve taken your classic creole seasoning and added a hint of fresh green onion. The result? This multipurpose seasoning can be used on snacks, blended into burgers for a special zip, used to create a dip, or add an interesting flavor profile to a chicken marinade.
Contact us today for a sample and application use. Then kick back and enjoy the delicious eats that pair so well with football!